Monday, June 29, 2009

http://www.pbs.org/art21/series/seasonthree/memory.html#

1) metaphoric- the transparency with a hint of possible hiddenness,
2) In trauma literature the part you can't remember or the time of trauma is called 'missing time,' and then you recover it.
3) "'Educational Complex' is a model of every school I ever went to, plus the home I grew up in, with all the parts I can't remember left blank. They're all combined into a new kind of structure that looks like a kind of modernist building.
4) People are really visually illiterate. They learn to read in school, but they don't learn to decode images
5) 'I'm going to work with these particular groups of images and develop a kind of pseudo-narrative flow.'
6) that's one subject of some of my work- the fact that history is mutable,
7) art is essentially a physical remnant of a moment."
8) 'Well, are you doing a figure or are you doing this presence? You're doing the presence.' So I let go of whatever I needed to,
9) The accumulation of time and history becomes a negative of the image. And this negative comes off, and the fossil is the positive side. This is the same as the action of photography."
10) So my interest- curiosity- is if the non-artist-made object can be presented in a way that it can keep the power of art itself, without artistic intention of its making. I think it's very conceptual. Marcel Duchamp invented this readymade concept. So I'm definitely borrowing.

No comments:

Post a Comment